A happy & four & 1/2-some

A happy & four & 1/2-some
Michael, Karen (Sevan) & us

Sunday, September 6, 2009

"Ushi" to "Kenny"

When you are complaining about the heat, just think, it’s still winter here in Australia! (Well, nearly Spring.) -I got to avoid some of the chill when I was in the states…ahhh, summer warmth! I left Nick with a bad back, and Nat (here for a long visit) acting as his nurse.
I had training in New York. Now don’t feel sorry for me, but I did feel bad I didn’t have company. NY is great! Then, thanks to my sister Tina, I decided to make several stops before heading back to Oz.
I loved seeing Meridth and Ed in San Francisco. It turned out to be only 2 weeks before she gave birth to our 1st grand-daughter, Ushi, her nick-name! (I nearly gave birth, when I nearly missed my train to SLC!) -Barely made it with 5 minutes to spare, thanks to Ed’s quick thinking. The train ride thru the Sierras was beautiful. Loved every minute of it, except arriving in Salt Lake at 3:30 AM. Thanks to a sweet brother for picking me up at that ungodly hour.
I had several reasons for going back to Salt Lake; among them, Bri, our good friend, arranged for me to get my crown done. I also had the 40th Highland High School Reunion. –What a nostalgia high! (Everyone was so friendly; no old clicks.) Had a lovely breakfast up Emigration Canyon with Ron and Sally and got to go up to our old cabin area up Provo Canyon with cousin Jenny and several old college friends. Beloved Wildwood; I feel a real connection there.
Both Tina and Allyson were recovering from major back surgery. I didn’t help much, but was glad I could see them. (Hope it’s not in the genes!)
Vacations are always too short, and I hated to go back to work. But, I had a perfect send off at LAX from my dear friends the Ablemans who drove down there just to meet me in between flights!
Don’t want to forget a visit Nick and I had a month before my trip, back in early July. It was my old high school friend, Debbie’s daughter, Whitney Blair. She was in Melbourne doing an internship, so we asked her to come up to Canberra. –She was a blast. I told her if she didn't marry my son, I would adopt her!

……If you liked “Napolian Dynamite”, we have an Australian Movie we recommend: “Kenny”. It’s a sleeper, a “B” budget movie that may surprise you with it’s touching character development. But keep in mind, it’s about a professional out-house cleaner! What could be more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment