A happy & four & 1/2-some

A happy & four & 1/2-some
Michael, Karen (Sevan) & us

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Introduction





This is the first blog from Oz. If you are not a direct descendant of Kathleen and me, or have an unnatural amount of spare time on your hands and are an indiscriminate blog reader, you probably don't want to be here. This blog is in direct response to, and an attempt to reduce, the nagging of our children who feel that phone calls and an occasional email is not enough. I can understand that since Kathleen attempts to use the telephone as a control device over people whom she never could control much in the first place. And as you children know, I try to avoid any phone conversations over three minutes because they generally become more meaningless the longer they go. My grandchildren understand that principle since they won't talk on the phone at all, except in monosyllabic responses to bland inquiries of their existential state of being. (E.g., "How are you?", "Good." - I mean really, is this conversation on either part?).
We will try to post items which are informative, entertaining, insightful and heartwarming. But remember, our attempts to do such things in the past have generally failed. How many "Family Home Evenings" do you all actually remember us holding on a Monday night? But our intentions were, and always will be, good. It is just the follow through that sucks. We will try to post journal entries or memories of the past. That is kind of a joke in the first place. Kathleen is the journal writer. Any attempt that I have made at a journal has been a nauseating failure in so many ways. But a I have a fairly good selective memory and believe in the axiom that the older you are, the better you were.
Well, I can see that I have exhausted your attention and my abilities for the time being. We'll try to post something soon.

7 comments:

  1. We'll be following the adventures of Dorothy and...The Tin Man? The Scarecrow? The Cowardly Lion? The Wicked Witch? Toto? Whichever it is--Happy Father's Day! Steve and Merina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hope you do return to Kansas, dear.

    It is fun looking at your pictures and readng your letter. How is Nick dong anyway. Love
    Aunt Alma Donnn't knw what it means slect profile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand the phone thing Nick. We hope things are going well. We look forward to following the blog. Happy Fathers Day!!

    Dan Suzanne and Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on ya this much nicer than trying to make sense of your verbal mumbling. I have finished with my project for you, but I think I will keep it. NO just kidding how do I send it to you. Bro.John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nick,
    Regarding your "snooz" photo. Glad to see at least something related to Whispers made it down under. Actually, (re: a call received the other day from new owner) it should now be underway from Astoria, OR to Seattle. Dreamtime polarizing?
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, I trust you're keeping the agents in line. Nick, quit knocking off the Sydney penquins. You're not in Afganistan anymore.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete